This morning my kids asked for Mickey Mouse shaped pancakes. Who am I to say no? After all, I agreed that it was a great idea! The last time we attempted to make them, it wasn’t easy. But this time, I am happy to announce that they were a success! The difference was oiling the cookie cutter, go figure!
Here is the recipe:
- •1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- •3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- •1 teaspoon salt
- •1 tablespoon white sugar
- •1 1/4 cups milk
- •1 egg
- •3 tablespoons butter, melted
- •1 Mickey Mouse cookie cutter or mold
- Step 1 - In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, egg and melted butter; mix until smooth.
- Step 2 - Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Grease the cookie cutter or mold. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle in the center of the mold (fill to desired thickness). Brown and remove the mold, flip and brown the other side.
That’s it! Believe me, it is as easy as it sounds. The trick is to make sure you grease the cookie cutter or mold so that it doesn’t stick while trying to remove it. It is also very important to note that you don’t want to use a lot of grease on the pan or it will make the pancakes oily.
Kids and husband approved Mickey Mouse pancakes! My husband said they were the “best pancakes he’s ever eaten; even better than the restaurants”. That’s quite a compliment! We added fresh blueberries to ours since they are in season and go well together with pancakes.
Give them a try and let us know what you think in the comments.
Source: Good Old Fashioned Pancakes – http://allrecipes.com/recipe/21014/good-old-fashioned-pancakes/?internalSource=hub%20recipe&referringContentType=search%20results&clickId=cardslot%201